everything about your dogs

DogZenergy Dog of the Month... Isabella!

Not a day goes by that I think to myself that I am a very lucky person. I'm lucky because I get to hang out with a lot of wonderful dogs all day long! My friends and family always hear about all of the great dogs that I train and take care of so I thought that it would be fun to showcase the DogZenergy pack on my blog. Every month a very special dog will be chosen and you'll be able to learn about the dog's life and characteristics about the dog's breed. 









February DogZenergy Dog of the Month goes to..... Isabella!

Isabella is a beautiful German Shepherd owned by Nancy and Bob Kronemeyer. She has been part of the DogZenergy pack since she was nine months old and
 now she's a grown up three year old. Five days a week, every morning I pick up Isabella for her two hour morning adventure. Whether it's going for a hike, walking along the coast, visiting Dusty Rhodes dog park or walking around Kate Sessions, Isabella loves it all! I call Isabella my little shadow because she's always following me around, literally in my shadow. She does so well with all of my dogs and I count on her to show the new dogs the way. She's so smart and always coming up with new games to play with me and the other dogs. I'm so proud of her and I love her as though she were my own dog!

When Isabella was a puppy, a trainer recommended that her owners find a dog walker because Isabella had taken up the sport of barking at everyone and anyone who approached her property. German Shepherds are wonderful dogs that have been bred for years to loyally guard their territory and family. Neighbors don't always appreciate a german shepherd's job given that barking is part of the job description. Isabella could've won employee of the month with how much barking she was doing, so instead of resorting to shock collars or other negative devices, Nancy and Bob gave me a call. Ever since then I've been picking Isabella up for a morning full of fun to get all of her energy out so that instead of releasing her energy through barking she's now able to run to her heart's content and play with all of her doggie friends. When she gets dropped off back at home, she's so tired that she's able to peacefully eat her lunch and take a nap for the rest of the afternoon.

It's so important for a german shepherd to run off leash and be mentally stimulated. So many shepherds are relinquished for barking or other bad behaviors just because they were not given the time, space and energy outlets that they need. Make sure that you can dedicate the time and exercise for a GSD and you'll have the best dog ever. GSDs are so loyal, smart and sweet, and Isabella is all of the above. I'm so thankful to have Isabella as part of the pack and she has truly been with me from the beginning. She has a very special place in my heart! : ) 


EmoticonEmoticon