everything about your dogs

It Drives Me Crazy

When customers bring in their own shampoo.
I understand when a customer brings in a shampoo prescribed by their Vet, although most of them are awful and don't work. IMO

Most of them don't work because the owner does not use them as prescribed.
They do not bathe the dog as often as needed.
They do not shampoo the dog correctly. (I see this in our Self-Serve all of the time)
They do not let the dog soak long enough.
And, they do not rinse will.

I have noticed that most of these shampoo's also do not clean the dog.

It really drives me crazy when they bring in a shampoo that they bought at the grocery store.
I hate to say that I actually feel offended sometimes depending on the brand of shampoo they bring in.
I want so much to say, "Do you really think this shampoo is better then what I use?!"
Sometimes I do tell them that I have a shampoo that is similar and better, so they can keep their shampoo for using at home.

With some customers it is not worth the fight.
If they want me to use their shampoo that much, I will.

I will admit, if it is a shampoo that does not clean, I will use our shampoo first and then follow up with the owners shampoo.
I do this because, you better believe if that dog is still dirty or goes home scratching, they will call and blame me.
It wasn't their sub-par shampoo, it was the way I washed the dog.  Grrrr

I am a fanatic about a clean dog, so I will use my shampoo to supplement the owners shampoo to get the dog good and clean. 




The thing that drives me crazy the most is what the owner of this dog does.

We have been grooming this guy since he was a puppy.

About a year ago his owner took him to a doggy Dermatologist.

We have been bathing him in a proscription shampoo ever since.

It is actually a really nice shampoo, but...




His mom never brings in a full bottle of shampoo.
She complains about the price of it.
I don't blame her, it is ridiculous to me what they charge for these shampoos.

Anyway, his owner only brings in the amount of shampoo she thinks that we need.

The green arrow shows how much was in the bottle when she brought him in the last time.
That was actually more shampoo then usual.





'Mom, I have a lot of hair, give them some more shampoo!'

His Mom also bathes him in our Self-Serve between groomings.

I have never watched her bathe him to see how much shampoo she uses.

I can't watch the Self-Serve customers.
It drives me crazy to see them only soap up the dogs back and think that they are done.
And, don't offer suggestions.
They get mad at you.  :/


We bathe him in Hypo first, and then follow up with the prescription shampoo.
That way he gets clean with a mild shampoo that won't hurt his skin.
He is rinsed completely, then his prescription shampoo is left on for 10 minutes.

The prescription shampoos also tend to spread better after the dog has been shampooed and rinsed before using them.

Don't get me started on the customers who bring in people shampoo. :-)

Happy Grooming, MFF


EmoticonEmoticon