everything about your dogs

The Perfect Baked Potato


It’s always quite surprising to me that a perfectly baked potato so impresses people. But hey, I’ll take it! Easy and impressive is just my style. Add sour cream, salt and a good amount of course ground black pepper and people lose it.


easy baked potato sour cream real food whole food clean eating
As you get older, you realize just how much an influence your parents have on your taste in food. For me I inherited my mom’s love of an expertly baked potato slathered in sour cream. In fact when I started to make them myself as an adult, I asked her at least a couple times how to do it. I use the temp and times she gave me but I do it a tad different. That part of cooking for me is exciting, take an old classic from your childhood and elevate it, even if just slightly. If I can make it easy like this recipe then I feel immensely accomplished.



Without further ado, here is my Perfect Baked Potato Recipe:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
-4 Medium Organic Russet Potatoes or 4 Large Organic Red Potatoes (like the ones pictured here)
-4 TBLS of good Olive Oil
-2 tsp of Salt
-1tsp Course Ground Pepper

Topping
-8 TBLS Whole Milk Organic Sour Cream
-8 pats of grassfed butter (we use unsalted Kerrygold, silver pack)
-Salt and Pepper to taste
                                                                                               
Line a good-sized cookie sheet (potatoes should not touch) or metal baking sheet with foil,
shiny side down. Did you know the duller side is considered the non-stick side? You’re welcome. Wash your potatoes well. Dry completely and put on your baking sheet. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes. Now get in there with your hands and rub those potatoes down until they are completely covered. Add the salt and pepper covering each potato all over. Put them in the oven for 25-30 mins (“Siri, set a timer for 30 minutes.”). Flip them over and cook for an additional 25 mins. You should be able to put a knife in the potatoes with ease. Always test the biggest potato because if that one is done they are all done.



easy baked potato sour cream real food whole food clean eatingEach potato gets 2 TBLS sour cream and a couple pats of butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Drops mic…….

You could totally drop a mic after you serve these potatoes when people’s eyes get big with delight and wonder. I tend to serve steamed broccoli with baked potatoes because my kid is obsessed with this green veggie. And like I always say, “Give the people what they want.” And what do they want? Potatoes with broccoli, that’s right.


EmoticonEmoticon