everything about your dogs

Easiest Popcorn Ever? Yep!

Updated: 11-17-15 to include new information and a video

When I realized how awful microwave popcorn is for us after doing research and found out how simple making your own healthy homemade popcorn is, I had no excuse but to make it the old school way!

Here is my simple popcorn recipe with a couple of optional toppings:

Easiest Popcorn Ever? Yep!

-3 TBLS Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
-A good amount of Pink Salt

*optional 1 (video below includes this version)
-2 TBLS Sea Salt
-5 drops Lime Essential Oil


*optional 2
-1/3 cup melted butter (I love unsalted Kerrygold)
-1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
-1-2 TBLS Organic Cane Sugar

In a big pot that has a lid, put your oil in the pan. Put your popcorn kernels in the pot in an even layer. Sprinkle your salt on top. Now snuggly place the lid on top and crank that sucker to high heat. You may not walk away from the popcorn. There is like a 10 second difference between done and burnt, buh bye lovely popcorn, I have to start over.

If using optional 2 ingredients, start to melt butter in a small pot on the stove on the lowest heat setting.

It will take a couple minutes to start popping, then it will go crazy, like an exploding popcorn party. Don't hide, your family will not know what is wrong or how to help you. Let it go until there is a few seconds between pops. Move off burner immediately and remove lid. Stand back for a minute or so because there is still enough heat in there to pop kernels that did not pop during the cooking process. You do not want to get hit in the face with hot popcorn I assure you!

For optional ingredients 2, take melted butter off heat and add your essential oil to it stirring mixture well. Drizzle over the popcorn. Mix it up. Sprinkle sugar over the buttery popcorn and mix until coated evenly. I call this "Churro Popcorn"! YUM!

See told you, so easy right?! Plus it is healthy clean eating! Now you also have no excuse and since I have done the research for you, you must go make homemade popcorn right this second or in the next week or the next month or whatevs. I am not trying to tell you how to live your life. I don't have control issues, I can quit anytime!

Check out my video where I teach you how to make popcorn here:



Learn more about how to start getting the chemicals out of your home using Young Living essential oils and other natural methods. I would love to be your Sponsor and go on this oily journey with you!

Check it out here!



EmoticonEmoticon