everything about your dogs

3 Day Smoothie Juice Cleanse Part 1

This is a 4 part series. I will be providing you a lot of information about the cleanse I did and my experience along the way. I got some great feedback from friends and will be talking about poop more than I had originally planned! YAY!

Let’s talk about why I did this cleanse, my experience with liquid diets in the past and my plan. I also included exactly what I did on day 1!

green juice, soft diet,fasting, lose weight fast, digestion, peppermint essential oil, orange essential oil, raw diet, real food, whole food, sugar detox, vegan, vegan smoothie, vegan juice, natural healing, heal with food, smoothie cleanse, weight loss, black strap molasses, detox, detox diet, ningxia red, young living essential oils, essential oils, chia seeds, kombucha, lemon detox, Disclaimer Alert: The contents found in this post are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure. If you have any concerns, please contact a doctor before altering your health care routine or changing your diet. I am sharing my experience and it is for informational purposes only.

Why did I decide I needed to do a Smoothie Juice Cleanse?

My digestion had been out of whack again and it was taking way too much effort to keep it going smoothly. Now don’t get me wrong, I do not mind taking care of myself and see the value in all the self-care but to fit all those things in everyday for just one of the many things I’m trying to improve takes time and money I simply cannot spare. Plus it was becoming an uphill battle I was starting to lose. It was frustrating to say the least.

Some things that were happening with my digestion included feeling like I had a rock in my stomach during and after eating, no matter what it was. I would eat a salad or even applesauce and feel this way. Nothing tasted very good. Flavors were starting to feel muted. My digestion had slowed down. I was sitting on the toilet for long periods of time with little results or it would just take forever. I was having loose stools more often than not. I was starting to get acid reflux again. I have remedies for all these things but trying to put out fires constantly is no way to take care of your health.

green juice, soft diet,fasting, lose weight fast, digestion, peppermint essential oil, orange essential oil, raw diet, real food, whole food, sugar detox, vegan, vegan smoothie, vegan juice, natural healing, heal with food, smoothie cleanse, weight loss, black strap molasses, detox, detox diet, ningxia red, young living essential oils, essential oils, chia seeds, kombucha, lemon detox, In addition, I was having some pain, a bit more anxiety than just your everyday stuff and feeling a bit apathetic. I just knew I needed to give my body a break. Digesting takes vital energy and I know the little things going wrong will start to heal if there is energy there for that.

My experience with Juice or Liquid diets in the past:

Well, one time a long, long time ago I decided to do a liquid diet and only drank milk shakes. Super smart right? I thought it would at least give my body a break from digesting solid food. That lasted a day. I’m sure you can imagine the things that went wrong like a stomachache and sugar spikes and feeling crappy. Nothing about it helped. Imagine that.

Another time I did a carrot juice cleanse with a friend I worked with. We got to work and she had our first batch of juice that I promptly poured myself a glass and spilled it all over me, like all over me. Shirt, pants and shoes were completely soaked. Thank goodness a fellow teacher had a change of clothes I could borrow. That was the day I learned I do not look good in yellow. Also, the juice tasted awful. I never even attempted to have a second juice.

green juice, soft diet,fasting, lose weight fast, digestion, peppermint essential oil, orange essential oil, raw diet, real food, whole food, sugar detox, vegan, vegan smoothie, vegan juice, natural healing, heal with food, smoothie cleanse, weight loss, black strap molasses, detox, detox diet, ningxia red, young living essential oils, essential oils, chia seeds, kombucha, lemon detox, In 2008 while visiting my Physical Therapist about my chronic neck pain, she informed me I also have TMJ. This made chewing painful and almost impossible at times. She recommended a liquid diet, the same one she recommends almost every time I’ve seen her.

I never did get through a day of a liquid diet due to terrible symptoms and side effects like severe headache, dizziness, being very weak after just 2 meals, having to go to work and take care of other obligations. I basically became useless by the end of day one so would have to stop.

After a lot of research, I decided that my approach in the past was wrong and that there is a lot more that goes into doing a liquid diet or cleanse than just making the decision to do it and see what happens.

Coming up with a plan started with things I wanted to include and exclude.

Include:

Kombucha, Peppermint Essential OilNingxia Red, Black Strap Molasses with lemon in warm water (for extra Iron), Peach Ginger Tea and iced tea with caffeine (decided not to detox from caffeine during cleanse) a green juice daily, Natural Calm (magnesium drink supplement), Chia Seeds soaked in Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk, making sure as many items as I can are organic, water in between as needed, Foam Rolling, meditation, lots of resting, cooking 2 large meals in bulk and keeping in frig for my family so they had meals, shopping for everything I need before I started.

Exclude:

All solid food, dairy, meat, sugar, anything processed, any activities outside the home, most chores around the house and keep the majority of those to day 1, supplements in pill form.

Day 1 Sample:

8am Foam rolling
8:15am Black Strap Molasses in 12 oz water with juice from ½ a lemon
8:30am 8oz of iced green/black tea (big pitcher I made before cleanse)
9:30am Chia Peach Delight Smoothie (some of my recipes will be included in a later post)
10:30am Ningxia Red 2oz in 8-12oz of water with one drop of Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil (learn more about Young Living Essential Oils here)
Noon Cup of hot Ginger Peach tea
1:00pm write about my feelings
1:30pm Green Juice (this recipe will be featured in a later post)
3:00pm Drink Natural Calm in 12oz warm water (watch my video on magnesium here)
5:00pm Cup of Ginger Peach Tea using tea bag from earlier so caffeine was minimal
6:00pm Cup of Natural Calm
7:00pm Green PB Banana Smoothie (recipe will be featured in later post)
8:30pm 16oz of Kombucha (my favorite is either home brewed or GT’s brand)
11:00pm Foam Rolling and meditation
Water as needed

Check out the video here:




Check out my blog post for 3 Day Smoothie Juice Cleanse Part 2 here!

You can watch the video for part 2 here:



If you know you want to purchase Young Living Essential Oils and are ready to get started now, click here!

I would love to be your Sponsor and help you on your oily journey!

If you want more info about these oils, click here!



EmoticonEmoticon