everything about your dogs

Easy Coconut Oil Dog Treats

I have 3 dogs and they are family to us so we want to keep them feeling good all the time!
My Senior girl and my newest year old puppy both need a little extra digestive support so I came up with this recipe and they LOVE these treats!

Let’s get right to the recipe because I know your dogs are gonna love these treats!
Easy dog treat recipe, digize, peppermint, homemade dog treats, diy dog treats, coconut oil benefits for dogs, homemade dog treats, benefits of digize, benefits of peppermint, dog treats, coconut oil recipes
 Coconut Oil Dog Treats 


Hardware:
-1 TBLS Measuring Spoon
-Small Pot or Double Boiler
-A container you will store the treats in with a lid

Ingredients:
-5 TBLS OrganicVirgin Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed and Unrefined) 
-20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
*Optional – 5 drops DiGize Essential Oil

Directions:
Warm the coconut oil in a double boiler OR in a small pot on the lowest heat setting on the stove. When it is just about melted, take it off the heat and place it is a container that you will later put in the refrigerator. I would make sure it has a lid. Now add your essential oils. No need to worry if it is a drop or 2 off. Sometimes the oils pour out fast! Stir and let cool on counter.

You can pour the mixture into cute molds if you want, refrigerate and then pop the dog treats out and put them back in the fridge. I just break the treats up with a butter knife each time I'm going to feed them to the dogs. I give them a small ¼-1/2 tsp portion. When the treats are all gone and there are some flakes left, I put the flakes on their food. Rinse & repeat!
*Bonus: Coconut oil supports skin and coat!
Beginner dog treat recipe digize, peppermint, homemade dog treats, diy dog treats, coconut oil benefits for dogs, homemade dog treats, benefits of digize, benefits of peppermint, dog treats, coconut oil recipesLet me know if you make this or a variation! Love to see what others are doing to take care of their pets!

If you want to know how to order essential oils go here.

Be Well,

Darlene


EmoticonEmoticon