everything about your dogs

Tuesdays Tip #57...Christmas Extras Chart

For those groomers who spend a lot of time and money to make Christmas extras for your customers, like bows, bandanas, bow ties, ect.
Or, for the groomers who spend a lot of hard earned money buying already made extras for their customers dogs.

I don't know about other groomers out there, but it really bothers me when I put these little extras on a pet, and a customer either yanks them out of the dogs ears and throws them in the trash right in front of me, or I find them out in the parking lot where the owner yanked them off of the dog and just tossed them away.
I understand that not everyone likes the extras, and that is fine.

So, this year I have made a little chart to put on my counter, showing the extra Christmas Bling that I have to offer.



Starting after Thanksgiving, we will ask each customer if they would like a complimentary Christmas Extra.
They may choose one, per dog, of the extras pictured.
We will let them choose so that the customer will be able to tell us ahead of time if they do not want any extras on their dog.
The chart also helps, at this time of year, when you are not quite sure of your customers religious beliefs.
The last thing I want to do is to unintentionally offend someone.

It has always surprised me how some customers get almost offended by any bows being put in their dogs ears....any time of year.

This chart would actually be helpful all year round.
I will just take pictures of the extras offered for other Holidays and the summer time.

You could just take pictures of the actual extras, or of the extras on the dog.
I choose to take pictures of the extras on the dog, so that customers could see what each extra looked like on a dog.

Hope this helps. :)




EmoticonEmoticon