everything about your dogs

What Would You DO? Labradoodle

 This was the second time that I groomed this Labradoodle.

The first time that I groomed her, she was a bath and neaten up all over.

The previous groomer had shaved her very close and she was still growing out.

That was about 6 to 8 weeks ago.

My instructions for this grooming were; (Husband) "I don't think she needs a hair cut, but my wife wants some hair off."

"Some hair."  Hmmmmm.


What would you do????


The picture above is after the bath and blow dry and before any cutting.
I noticed one of two things was going on with her coat.
Either her body grows out faster than her legs, or the last groomer had clipped her legs shorter than her body.

 

 She has one of the best coats that I have seen on a Labradoodle in a long time.

Other than a few small natty mats here and there, she was in very good shape.

She also had a really nice plushy coat hiding under the courser top coat.



The hair on her back was almost an inch longer than the hair on her legs.

 Remember, the owners did not want too much off.

So, I decided to take length off her body only, and match it up with the length on her legs.

That would leave about two inches of hair all over.

The owner also wanted the top of her head and over her eyes short.




 I clipped her back with the Wahl  (A) Lavender clip comb.

It took off just the amount I was looking for.

I skimmed off at the top of the hip and the top of the front leg.







The clip comb took off about an inch.

All I needed to do was comb the hair up and scissor to neaten up the body.






All that was needed to be done to the legs was to neaten them up with the scissors and blend in to the body.








I would say that I only took a little less than  a 1/4 of an inch off the legs.





  I think that the clip comb was a good look for him.









And, now his owners can see her face!

What a cute face it is. :)





EmoticonEmoticon