everything about your dogs

Which Blade?

Every once in a while I will get a dog in that I spend all of the bathing and drying time trying to decide which blade I am going to use on them.

This particular dog was in great shape.
It was not a matter of deciding what blade I could get through a matted coat, or what length the owner wanted on their dog.

It was a matter of what blade would look the nicest or leave the most natural finished look.





The owner of this little guy did have some specific directions.

Leave legs, skirt, apron, and feet long.

Only trim the hair on the top of the head.

Cocker ears.

Short Cocker pattern on the body.

My choice of blade.







He had such a nice coat.

I wanted the back to look as natural as possible for a clipped coat.







So, I used a #4F blade on the back.












I really liked the results.

The back was short like the owner wanted without making it look 'shaved'.







I would have liked to bevel the feet more, but I was afraid the owner would think that I took too much off.

I would have also liked to have given him more of a crest on his head, but the owner really stressed that she did not want much trimmed off the top of the head.

The head looks okay in the picture, but one shake of the head and that long hair is going to be sticking up all over the place.  :)



It is so nice to work on a dog with a really nice personality, a nice coat, and no mats!
Oh, a nice owner too.




EmoticonEmoticon