everything about your dogs

Review: overthrowmartha Detox Mask

I recently decided to try a DIY face mask to truly clean my face and detox it! I haven’t done a face mask for a good decade or more. I have a history of having an allergic reaction to a lot of so-called beauty products and face masks were one of the worst culprits.

***Here check out ewg.org to see how safe your cleaning and beauty products are.

detox, detox mask, bentonite clay, cedarwood, lavender, manuka, overthowmartha, sherri, how to, benefits of detox mask, easy diy, simple beauty diy, do it yourself beauty, review, clean face, natural face cleaning, chemical free mask, nontoxic beautyI wanted to try one that I made that was natural and I knew all the ingredients. Having very few ingredients is also important, as I like to keep things lazy, I mean, simple! LOL

I saw my friend Sherri’s video on how to make this detox face mask and was thrilled that I had the 3 ingredients it called for although I did use another essential oil that’s amazing for skin.


Her recipe called for Redmond Clay, water and Manuka Essential Oil. Here is what I did exactly.
Ingredients:

-3 TBLS Redmond Clay 
-4-5 TBLS good water
-10 drops Manuka , Cedarwood,  or Lavender Essential Oil (or check your 3rd party reference guide for more ideas on what essential oils are great for supporting your skin)

Add the clay to a little ceramic or glass bowl. Also use a non-metal utensil to stir it. You want to avoid using metal with the clay as it is said to lose its beneficial properties when it comes into contact with it. Next add your essential oil of choice and start to add the water a TBLS at a time. Mix and add more water if needed until the mixture looks like wet mud. Mine came out a bit thick so I will add a tad bit more water next time.

Rub the face mask all over your face, avoiding the eyes. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. It will start drying on your face in just a minute or so. When it is mostly to all the way dry, wipe it off with a wet washcloth using warm to hot water.

detox, detox mask, bentonite clay, cedarwood, lavender, manuka, overthowmartha, sherri, how to, benefits of detox mask, easy diy, simple beauty diy, do it yourself beauty, review, clean face, natural face cleaning, chemical free mask, nontoxic beauty
My skin was pink for all of about 30 seconds but I think that had more to do with the hot water and not much if anything to do with the mask. It faded almost immediately.

I was thrilled with the results of this mask! My skin was soft, clean and my pores appeared to have shrunk! I will be adding this to my weekly skin care routine! Thanks for sharing your recipe Sherri! I love it!

Here’s more information about the brand of essential oils I use.

You can watch my video review here:


You can watch her original video on the mask here:


Be Well,
Darlene



EmoticonEmoticon