everything about your dogs

New Moon Café

As much as I love to cook, I love to eat out. In particular, I love to find places that not only have delicious food made from fresh, real ingredients but a place where the ambience is chill and the people watching is plentiful.

Last year we were visiting my boyfriend’s bother and his lovely family (seriously, the NICEST family) and found ourselves having to find a place to eat breakfast. They live in Olympia, WA.


Well, we found an awesome, gem of a place to eat!

cafe breakfast #realfood whole food potato organic veggies As I hunted around the interwebs, I found New Moon Café. Reading the reviews, the only things people really complained about was the wait time to sit and to be served but it seemed most people really enjoyed the food. A couple of reviews mentioned being concerned about the way the staff looked with their shaved heads and tattoos. This actually made me want to try the place even more! Judgmental much? Geez! 


We arrived around 10:15 am on a Sunday morning. There was a wait so I put my name on the list. We waited outside for about 15 mins then moved inside for 10 before we were seated. Both of the people that served us were very polite and soft spoken. 

I had read in many of the reviews that the homemade blackberry jam was super yummy. I looked over at a table next to us where a woman and what appeared to be her daughter had just sat down. The mom was taking the squeeze bottle full of jam and spreading it across her finger, licking it off, closing hers eyes, smiling and repeating the process! I thought I better make sure I order toast so I can try that. But knew if I didn't a finger would work! 

Our glasses were never empty. I ordered the Chevre (goat cheese) omelet only switching out the tomato for mushrooms. I got sourdough toast and Rosemary and Garlic home fries with it. It was amazing! Wow! Wow! Wow! One of the best breakfasts I have ever had eating out. Seriously and where I live (San Francisco Bay Area) we have so many options and I have never had a breakfast like this!

cafe breakfast #realfood whole food potato organic veggies My bf and stepdaughter both ordered the Deluxe Home Fries, he added sausage and she added ham. They absolutely loved this dish. It was so hearty they did not even realize there were no eggs in the dish until she said something. We loved that the description of the item tells you there are veggies in it but does not specify since they get what is in season and available. 


My bf never eats jam or jelly when we go out since most places only carry those little packets full of high fructose corn syrup and other junk. He did try the home made blackberry jam and really was impressed, so much so he ate it on 2 toast halves. (Shocked face)

I think we were there a total of 1 hour 45 mins. Maybe a little less but hey it was a Sunday morning so no complaints here. The decor is very plain with some interesting art on the walls. The staff is really nice and attentive, just super polite and positive but very laid back at the same time. The atmosphere is very zen and everyone just seems to go with the flow. It was actually a very calming environment. We saw all kinds of people here from families to couples to groups of friends.

cafe breakfast #realfood whole food potato organic veggies blackberry jam homemadeAt one point I had to walk through the kitchen to get to the restroom and the kitchen and whole food prep/back area was super clean which matters to me.

They chop everything there and use super good quality ingredients. All the food is made with love, served with love and enjoyed by all! If you are ever in the area, you will love this place. Make sure to   allow plenty of time to soak in the great energy and food!

http://newmooncafeolympia.com

Welcome to the New Moon Cafe! 
One of the best kept secrets in Olympia, Washington for breakfast and lunch. We pride ourselves in fresh ingredients, consistent quality, amazing prices, and an atmosphere that feels just like home. We never cut corners: all our salad dressings, hash browns, and our famous Blackberry Jam are all homemade!




EmoticonEmoticon